Old April 1st 04, 12:19 PM
Dan Thompson

I took a tour of a UPS sorting facility once. Standard procedure was to
throw the boxes against a wall under the bins so they would drop in the
correct bins, like a backboard shot in basketball.
"Stu Gotts" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:17:57 GMT, "Otis Winslow"
wrote:

I've had good luck with Aircraft Quality Instruments in Wichita. I

haven't
purchased new .. just had them ship me a rebuilt one .. and then shipped
the old one back after replacement.

On the flip side .. I bought a plane that had one in it from the Gyro

House
and
it went south 60hrs after they rebuilt it. One of their excuses was that
dust
from the vanes in the vacuum pump was probably getting in it. Huh?

That's their standard answer for the **** they do. BUT --- the gyro
can easily be damaged in transit if not packed properly. I once
bought a new instrument from King. It came in a box that was
18X13X13, all foam inside. The new gyros don't come that well
insulated. And, take a tip from those who ship expensive and/or
unreplaceable guitars by UPS. They always use Next Day Air or Two Day
Air. It's proven that the handling is much better.

"Roger Long" om wrote

in
message ...
We need to buy a new DG for our 172 N immediately. Any PIREP's on a

good
place to buy (or avoid) much appreciated.

--
Roger Long