Old July 19th 05, 09:16 AM
Ron Natalie

Brenor Brophy wrote:
Well my 1980 Skylane might not be exactly old by airplane standards, but its
panel is really showing its age. It has the original factory installed
avionics package, (Cessna ARC radios...).

I've been planning a major panel upgrade/replacement since I got the plane
two years ago. The current plan is a GNS480 GPS/NAV/COM, an SL30 for COM2,
and an S-TEC System 30 AP.

I came to the same realization you did.

I've got an MX20, GNS480, GDL69A, SL30, GTX33, and STEC 55X and a
traditional steam guage King HSI in my Navion. I could have gone
with an Sandel HSI, but didn't see why I needed another display.