Old August 16th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default $640.00 to fill the tanks...

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Pretty sad. But consider also the thousands of Americans that don't own
an airplane ostensibly because they are "saving for their children's
college education". I don't know about the UK specifically but in most
of Europe, if your kids really are smart enough for college, they can
go, and if they aren't they won't be anyway. So let's look at the whole
picture.

We have the same system in California (CSU system). We actually have
another system as well for the not-so-smart kids (the Community College
System).

-Robert

There is very little reason that a smart or at least not stupid youngster in
the USA can't go to college. They may not be able to go to an Ivy League
school or even a major university but between community colleges and small
state schools affordable education is available.