Old November 3rd 08, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

Default Erixx flight recorder - opinions?

On Nov 3, 11:55*am, Wojciech Scigala wrote:
Is anybody already using new FR recorder named Erixx (approved by FAI in
June 2008)?

As this is completely new product, I'm trying to get some user opinions
on it, but internet doesn't help as it usually does. I've also mailed
the producer with some technical questions, but they didn't answer me yet..

I skimmed the on-line manual and it reads like it can only get a
declaration fed in by See You / See You Mobile, or it's own software.
For folks that use other PDA software that is a drawback. Also it
looks like your other settings have to be done using the supplied
software (or maybe SeeYou), and the A/B task think looks like a
disaster waiting to happen to someone to me.

Other than that it seems a bit like an EW - it's very simple, you put
it in the glider, turn it on and that's it. The RJ45/RJ12 pair of
connectors seem a good idea.

It doesn't do any navigation like a Volkslogger does,