Old July 14th 03, 02:14 AM
vincent p. norris

Was ysour friend a Naval Aviator? If not, did he get some training in
carrier landings?

vince norris

Nope -- he was an Army enlisted man (CA NG), activated to Korea. They
needed recon pilots and asked for people who knew how to fly. He had
extensive experience -- even owned a P-40 for awhile back then.

It was really no big trick to land a Navion on a carrier steaming into
the wind.

Although I have no Navion time I do have a few carrier landings, so I
would accept that; but I'm surprised the military would risk
passengers of any importance on such a flight.

vince norris