Old September 13th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

Default Why don't voice radio communications use FM?

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:48:35 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Thomas Borchert writes:

Yes. So?

So the compass cannot always be trusted.

The *only* time a compass can almost be trusted is in straight, level,
and un-accelerated flight. We make turns based on the TC and a watch
not the compass. OTOH you don't have to worry about it precessing like
the DG. I can roll into a CW turn and watch the compass show a CCW
turn. I can accelerate on one direction and it'll show a left turn.
Accelerate in a different direction and have it show a right turn. Of
course decelerating will show turns opposite of accelerating.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com