Old November 8th 04, 02:32 PM
Captain Wubba

I tell students to expect costs of between $5000 and $7000 to earn
their private certificate. I'm in the midwest United States, where
plane rental is about $75 an hour for a Cessna 172, and flight
instruction is about $30-$35 per hour.

Cheers,

Cap

(Ramapriya) wrote in message . com...
Folks,

At the only flight training center here in Dubai where I presently
live, about 40 flying classes would cost USD 6000. How much would a
similar duration course in the east coast of the US cost? I know costs
will vary, but what can I assume to be the average? Just for
information, a return ticket to NY costs about USD 1300...

I'd be grateful for inputs, thank you.

Ramapriya