Old November 9th 04, 11:08 AM
Cub Driver

At 7B3 Hampton NH, $75/hour for the Cub, I think $22 (possibly $25)
for the instructor. To solo, you must have insurance of $40,000 on the
airplane.

WOW!!! I learned in J-3 in 1946, right afer VJ day, and paid $7 per
hour dual, $5 per hour solo. And had no insurance.

That's probably a wee bit cheaper for the airplane and actually a bit
more expensive for the instructor!

In the summer of 1946 I worked an eight-hour day, seven days a week,
washing dishes at a hotel for $18/week. That was a bit more than 32
cents an hour. So a solo hour on the Cub would have required a bit
less than 16 hours of work.

What's mininum wage, $4.45? If so, that would work out to $70 for a
solo hour for the plane, a bit less than $28 for the instructor.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com