Old September 15th 03, 08:47 PM
John A. Weeks III

In article , SA
wrote:

"While there were 36 major accidents that killed 24 Thunderbird pilots
between 1953 and 1981, there have been no fatalities and only one minor
accident since the 1982 tragedy -- a fact in which Creech took great pride."

Well, there was at least one fatality since 1982. A member of the
public crashed an auto through the airport gate and rammed one of
the F-16's as it was parked. I recall that the F-16 nose gear
collapsed in the impact, and the jet fell on the car, killing
the driver. I didn't look up the date, but I do recall this happening
at Selfridge in Michigan in the mid to late 90's.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com