Old March 4th 15, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob T

Default Need Help with Towplane Insurance!

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 10:30:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Long story short, our current tow plane solution is with a jump operation where we take tows in between their doing skydives. The jump operator apparently did not check on insurance last year when he agreed to do this for us and he just went ahead and starting towing us. He has now checked for this year and can't find any insurance provider who will insure a plane who will both take jumpers and tow gliders. Yikes!

I called Costello and they were very sympathetic but they said that they are not aware of anyone who would either insure both activities or make it possible for you to get two policies, one for the jumps and one for the tows. Before we have to go start looking for our own tow plane (groan!) is anyone aware of an operation that does both and found insurance somewhere?

Thanks!
Bruno - B4

Have you tried LL Johns?