Old January 21st 20, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Questions/Comments about OGN

OGN receivers were installed in multiple places in California and Nevada last year thanks to the PASCO Initiative.
Williams, Avenal, Truckee, Minden, Hollister (planned), Byron (planned), tehachappi and couple more places in Mojave and southern sierras.
From my experience for the OGN network to really work well there need to be many OGN receivers, spread every 50 miles or so, otherwise there is only sporadic reception from further away. but they work very well for local flights.
Also the web sites I tried so far (mostly glidertracker.org) works but not nearly as well and consistent as the SSA tracker.
I would like to see one day a Fully functional web site such as the ssa tracker which integrates all the different tracking sources we have nowadays: Inreach, spot, flarm, ADS-B, Mode S transponders, flight computers (eg xcsoar/skylines) and cell phone apps.

Ramy