Old January 23rd 20, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

Default Astir CS ballast weight

On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 7:03:48 AM UTC-8, Waveguru wrote:
The weights I've seen and used are pie shaped and mount in front of the seat under your legs. There are two posts there for the weight.

Boggs

I think thats for the different variants of the ship. We have a 102 iiib that the weights mount like you mention, but in the Astir CS we have it mounts in the nose. I assume they mount the same way though. There are just two holes up in the nose, not hardware or bolts or anything so im just trying to confirm how they actually mount up there. I would assume just with a bolt through those holes and through the weights with a nut holding them tight