Old January 15th 04, 03:14 PM
Kevin Darling

Philip Sondericker wrote in message ...
Okay, I just watched the story that seems to have everyone up in arms, and I
have to say, it was as ill-conceived and poorly thought out as many people
feared.

Yes, I'm sure the airport manager was edited.

It's a pity that network news has degenerated into this kind of
quickie crap. 40,000 people killed each year on US highways...
that's not news. The possibility of using a small plane to kill
dozens... that is.

"Ohmigod passengers and baggage aren't screened!" They forget
that small airplanes are like small cars... passengers usually are
your friends. Do car drivers x-ray their relatives' luggage?

Just wait. Next they'll figure out that there are zillions of radio
controlled airplanes (!!) out there in the hands of teenagers, which
could be "packed with explosives". Yep, the RC danger is real,
folks.