Old July 1st 03, 01:40 AM
hardware_hacker

Default military antenna connector

In article ,
says...

It may be just what it looks like - a modified BNC.
I've seen this kind of thing on test equipment, usually for signals that are
frequently connected/disconnected and where a positive lock isn't required.
It makes running test procedures a little easier.

"miso" wrote in message
. com...
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/ebay/bnchuh.jpg
http://www.lazygranch.com/images/ebay/bladeantlabel.jpg

Anybody ever see a coax connector that looks like a BNC with the tongs
whacked off? Is this some sort of aviation connector?

Mangled BNC. Probably on some form of test rig where someone thought it would
be easier to just push on and push off. Definitely non-standard. Possibly
simple wear-out but I would think that would leave ragged stubs. Those nubs
are usually swaged in, so a pry-out wouldn't be that hard.

--
Joe Mickley (remove the money to e-mail)