Old January 31st 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default ASW20 or LS6

On 1/30/2011 8:04 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 1/30/2011 7:17 PM, jcarlyle wrote:

Personally, after experiencing the handling and feel of the LS8 I
wouldn't give it up to buy another Schleicher. Don't get me wrong,
Schleicher builds a fine glider - but it just doesn't compare to the
way the Rolladen Schneider flies.

You shouldn't judge Schleicher by comparing your experience in the
ASW-19 and the LS-8. They are at least a generation apart - instead,
compare the 8 to the ASW 24. The ASW 20 has a tremendous reputation for
fine handling, every bit as good as the LS6, and many would argue it's
better. Those bendy wings make it a delight in rough conditions, too.

And I should've pointed out the ASW-19 is NOT the std class version of
the ASW 20. It was an entirely new flapped design with a smaller, higher
aspect ratio, thinner wing. The std class version is the Pegasus, built
in France.

email me)