Old November 17th 03, 09:01 PM
Paul Sengupta

Have a look at the BMAA website:

http://www.avnet.co.uk/bmaa/

It has links to clubs and schools. It also has classified ads.

Until recently the only way was to buy your own or a share,
but recently if I remember correctly, the rules have been
changed (or are about to be) so that you can rent one.
Looking at the BMAA website, you can click on the
"What's new" link at the top and it has details.

The new generation of 450kg 3-axis microlights are pretty
similar to the smaller light aircraft in group A, so expect
similar training, cost, etc. In fact some are made as either
a microlight or A - e.g. the Jabiru. Otherwise something
like a Thruster can be pretty cheap.

At 15.5 stone, you may find it difficult to get you, an
instructor and fuel in a microlight and remain below 450kg.

I have a group A aircraft (Scottish Aviation Bulldog)
and it costs me £25 a month for outside parking. It would
be £125 a month for a hangar space at my airfield, a smallish
private strip. Other outside parking charges in this area (south)
range from £50 (Popham) to £185 (White Waltham),
hangarage 2 to 3 times that. Don't know about microlights.

Paul

"dssdsd" wrote in message
Im
looking for a cheap(relativly) and affordable way to get into flying and I
think 3 Axis Microlights are the direction I want to go in.