Old October 8th 10, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John Szalay[_2_]

Default A real Naval Aviation question

Walt wrote in news:49iua6tknsf4jvbv3qi41kpfk4up5a45rl@
4ax.com:

What does the N in F/A-18C(N) mean? Is it an official USN
designation? And if so what is the difference between a C and a C(N)?
TIA.

I MAY be mistaken, and if so , I'm sure that I will be corrected.
But IIRC:
its a F/A-18C that has been upgraded to have night attack capabilities.

"The F/A-18C Nigh Attack Hornet has a pod-mounted Hughes AN/AAR-50 thermal
imaging navigation set, a Loral AN/AAS-38 Nite Hawk FLIR targeting pod, and
GEC Cat's Eyes pilot's night vision goggles"