Old April 1st 04, 03:21 PM
Larryskydives

I recently purchased a 69 Piper Arrow. This was after owning a 56 Cessna 172.
So I immediately went from a 48 y/o airplane to a 35 y/o airplane.

I have no problems with older aircraft, as long as a prebuy is done, all of the
logbooks are in order and make sense. And do your own search for damage. Be
leery if the N-number is changed from the original. I looked at one Piper
Arrow that was absolutely beautiful. The N-number had been changed and the
owner didn't know why. He and his partner bought this aircraft from a broker
in Ohio last year. After doing a search on NTSB website, FAA website, and
myairplane.com. I found that in the last three years the aircraft had three
incidents - 2 gear ups, and 1 off airport landing - all resulting in moderate
damage.

Be samrt - Be aware - and don't be in a hurry.

Good luck.