Old June 19th 04, 11:40 PM
Tom Serkowski

Eric Greenwell wrote in message ...
Has anyone had an ELT activate while trailering?

I turn mine off after each flight.

Just before turning off the master switch, radio goes to 121.5, then I
toggle ELT power from standby to off pausing for one blip in the on
position. This way I can also check for any ELT's that may be active
at the airport.

When I turn on the master, the radio's on 121.5 and I don't switch
until the ELT is on and verified functional with one blip.

I keep meaning to have someone shove me in the trailer while in the
cockpit to see if the metal trailer blocks the signal, but still
haven't remembered to do it.

-Tom
ASH-26E