Old May 29th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Accuracy of GPS in Garmin 430/530

Haven't I done that? Didn't I tell you that no approval is required
for
enroute use of a handheld GPS in the US? Didn't I tell you that the mere
existence of a TSO does not prohibit the use of equipment that hasn't been
demonstrated to meet the standard? Didn't I tell you TSOs are not binding
unless there is an FAR that requires the TSO to be complied with? Didn't I
tell you there are TSOs in existence that cover the "approval" of a great
many things, but you don't have to use "approved" equipment in any operation
unless required to do so by the FARs? Isn't telling you those things
telling you something?

Steven, since you are so sure of yourself please go make an IFR flight
in VFR conditions with an FAA type who can bust you for doing bad
things. Then while on an IFR flight plan resort to only using your
handheld and dare him to cite you.

Ron Lee