Old March 18th 05, 06:18 AM
Dude

Default User Fees

Where is all this user fee flak coming from?

Do the fuel taxes not get routed back to the system? If not, let's raise a
big stink.

Are the budgets not big enough? Okay, I might be convinced that this is
true, and I may even be willing to look past the fact that the system is
where it is due to seriously bad decisions over the past 20 years just in
the name of getting a solution over wasting time pointing fingers.

Still, what complete idiotic, power hungry, stupid, short sighted etc. etc.
etc. thinks user fees are a fix?

Don't they realize the incredible inefficiency of having to bill us? Don't
they realize the money they need to fix the system will instead get used
trying to create a billing system and manage the accounts. This will cost
tens of millions and likely require that everyone get a discreet transponder
id for it to ever work. Meanwhile, they are still using vacuum tube crap to
keep us from crashing!!!

AFAIK, the big traffic increases are coming from increased use of business
jets trying to join in where the scheduled players are already trying to
crowd each other out in order to lose money on every flight. Let's say we
want a $20 fee per flight for using the IFR system. Would it not be easier
just to raise the fuel tax a penny or two? That would raise the same amount
would it not?

And then we could use the money to buy gear and pay controllers instead of
creating an all new department to manage the fee system!