Old September 30th 20, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Piet Barber

Default Grob Twin Astir getting

Michael, how we can make seat in the back more comfortable ?
There is pure torture in the back seat of our ACA Twin Astir now .
Thx
Ryszard

This guy is asking the important questions.

Not all of the two seat Grobs were terrible. The one that had the worst back seat comfort was the Grob with the retractable landing gear. That hump for where the retracted landing gear is at the most inconvenient spot, right under your tailbone. They must have had a person with a really weird body shape be the person they designed it for.

I think somebody could come up with a contoured seat cushion that would form around the retracted wheel hump. The penalty, of course, would be if the instructor is a tall fellow. That extra cushion would make the head-bump on the canopy even more likely.

But if somebody could come up with a torture-reduction seat cushion for obtusely-shaped rear seat Grobs -- now THAT would be a cool winter project.

Thankfully my club has two ASK-21s.
Sorry, Ryszard.

-- Piet