Old January 31st 16, 04:08 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K m View Post
On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 8:56:01 PM UTC-7, K m wrote:
Group,
My club is looking to convert a Twin Astir brake system to a Hydraulic Disk from a Mechanical Drum. Our serial number does not fall within the serial number range of the Kit that is offered by Lindner. We have the Lindner kit and will be going with a 337. My question is does anyone know of a 337 on an Astir brake mod? Also, I have been trying to find info on any different versions of the Astir and can't find much. Is there any reference online that points to different models or versions? Ive read that water ballast was an option and some models came with a disk brake from the factory (These have a different wheel carrier structure). Does anyone know if gross weights remained the same on the Astir through the production run? This info may hel when submitting paperwork to the FAA.
Thanks!

It was brought to my attention in a PM that my first post may have been too vague for a legitimate answer. Utah Soaring Association (USA)is retrofitting a disk brake onto a G103 Twin Astir. It was also pointed out to me that there were 7 different variants of the Astir (?!). The USA club owns two Twin II's (One an Acro) and two Astir's. I know of some factory options for the Astir (Including a trainer version) but never anything close to 7 variants. Is there reference for this somewhere?
Our Astirs have the welded steel tube wheel carriers which rotate sideways under the rear seat when they retract.
Thanks for any info.
Try this link to EASA TCDS for Grob sailplanes

https://easa.europa.eu/documents/typ...s-lsa/easaa250

:-) Colin