Old March 29th 04, 05:24 PM
John Hairell

From: Ed Rasimus

snip

Seven years in F-4s and I never heard of "slime lights". Do you mean
photo-luminescent formation strips?

"Slime lights" are the lights you describe. I never heard the term when I was
on F-4s in the 1970s but it was used on the H-60s in the 1980s. I was in the
first Air Force unit, Eglin AFB, to get the H-60 and the term "slime lights"
seems to have come with them so it may be an Army term. Having said that I have
also heard A-10 types call them that too so I may be off base with that guess.

It's an Army term for IR button lights and electroluminescent strips
as seen through NVGs.

John Hairell