Old July 9th 18, 09:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rec.aviation.soaring

Default Trailer shade

On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 4:47:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
My Trailer is kept outdoors during the summer.
Thinking about a shade to protect it from the sun.
Anyone has any ideas/experience ?
Dan

About 12-13 years ago I bought a RV/trailer/boat shelter kit that was plenty big for a Cobra 15 Meter Trailer. The kit uses prefabricated welded tubular fittings and locally purchased chain link fence tubes and a 20-foot by 30-foot tarp. The local fence tubes can be easily cut with a tubing cutter and the tarp is attached with bungees and can easily be removed in case of an approaching hurricane. I have relocated the whole thing a couple of times.. The one I have is kind of a "gambrel" roof where the sides of the tarp come down to just a couple of feet above the ground. When the tarp started to weather I painted it with white acrylic paint. Sorry that I cannot remember where I got it but a web search might find it.