Old October 15th 05, 08:12 AM
Roger

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:03:02 -0500, "JJS" jschneider@remove socks
cebridge.net wrote:

I'd suggest Cessna take the already clean and fast Cardinal, make it

Suprisingly the early Cardinals didn't do well. They were underpowered
for one thing and I believe the 182 still out sold them even though
"to me" they were far superiour. The Cardinal just isn't a typical
representation of a high wing aircraft.

even slicke. Aircraft design has come a long way since 1968, there are
a n easy 15 knots left in the basic airframe. They should sell the
fixed gear version with a 200hp motor and the retract with a 230hp

Awh, come on... Put in a 300 HP turbocharged deisel.

turbocharged motor. Throw in glass and FADAC. Lower the glareshield,
as Mooney did recently, giving even better visiblity.

The one thing I hated about the Cessnas was the high glare shield.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Cessna would be swamped with orders for a plane like that.

Cirrus wouldn't be killed, but it would be hurt really really bad.

Jim Howard

This was exactly the vision I had. Unfortunately I'll have to hope for winning the Sporty's Pilot Shop give away
version I'm afraid.