Old May 24th 20, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]

Default Oil Stain Leather

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 10:15:00 AM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I dropped exactly one drop of 1:40 oil and av gas on my beautiful leather headrest. Does anyone know of a leather/oil cleaner that would not make a bigger mess?

I hate it when I do stuff like this, Two weeks ago I dropped a working 'desk occupying' altimeter, it was ugly but worked perfect.
I would check with the luxury automotive detailing market, Surely somebody has stained an expensive car seat. Also, what about a leather preservative treatment, most leather upholstery needs treating to prevent ageing and drying out, a recommended product might blend the oil stain perhaps "mink oil" type stuff.
Best of luck,
Scott