Old June 3rd 05, 05:45 AM
tony roberts

Here in Canada if we fly more than 25 miles from our home base we must
be on a flight plan or flight itinerary. I have no problem at all with
that.
i live and fly in the mountains - and if I go down I really do want
people to know exactly what my route was. Downside is that it is
difficult (but not impossible) to change plans halfway through the
flight - it can be done - we just have to make contact via radio and
advise of the change

Tony
C-GICE.

In article ,
"Michael 182" wrote:

I'm kind of curious - does anyone with more than 100 hours do a flight plan,
with winds and all, before they fly cross country? Most of my planning is of
the fuel stop, or occasionally detour for weather variety - but it is rare
for me to include more than one or two waypoints in my "plan", and I almost
never file an airway, even when I file ifr. Maybe it's because I live in the
west. A typical flight plan will be Longmont - Amarillo - Austin, or if the
winds are good, Longmont - Austin. What do others do?

Michael

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL