Old February 5th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Daniels

Default Cloud Flying - Experimental

My Nimbus 2C does. It's expressly stated in the POH and the certification
(Experimentat EX&R)

Of course, getting the proper logbook signoffs for a "gyro panel" is
somethng else.

Bill Daniels

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know of any Experimental - Amateur Built gliders that have
operating limitations which allow cloud flying with a Turn and Bank?

Does anyone know what many type certified designs (Schweizer 1-34
comes to mind) had to prove to be allowed to cloud fly with a Turn and
Bank installed? I have a copy of the Basic Glider Criteria Handbook
in the mail, perhaps that will provide some insight into this
question.

Shawn Knickerbocker will be presenting on cloud flying at the SSA
convention on thursday. From visiting with Shawn, it should be a
fantastic presentation and I hope to see you all there!