Old May 8th 20, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Glider Fire Sale

On Thursday, May 7, 2020 at 2:34:46 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Sad story and maybe somebody can help....

In early February, a good friend was killed in his AC-4C Russia glider. Now I'm helping his wife through some of the process of selling some of his outstanding equipment:

1. A meticulous trailer.
2. An unfinished AC-4C kit, still in the crate, that came from Aviastroitel in Russia. The plan was for his brother to complete the kit (sadly, his brother passed away from cancer a couple of years ago). I think it's taking up space in the barn....you would need a flat bed truck/trailer to move this thing. I DO NOT think it was a perfect kit...there maybe have been defects in the factory assembly of wings (maybe curing rates? maybe molds, I don't exactly know). However, parts wise, you'd have a set of never-used flight controls, linkage, seat pan, etc.

Looking for advice on selling, pricing, and maybe somebody would want the kit....probably a current owner of an AC-4 that has space.

Kindly,
Erik van Weezendonk
Northern Virginia

PM'd you, but haven't heard back.