Old July 26th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Quiet Vent

I do apologize that the QV kit is so cheap. However, it's not all that labor
intensive to make once the jigs are set up etc.

On the other hand, the expensive ($9) MKII Yaw String is more labor
intensive to make, with lot's of steps:

Hydraulic punch die cuts clear plastic disks and marks center of disk.

Paper cutter, with jig, slices two sides off each disk to make "pie" slice
turbulator shape.

Template used to punch small center hole. (Note that all the above could be
done in one step if a relatively expensive custom made die were used.)

Natural wool yarn is threaded through hole and flayed out. End of yarn
knotted

Base is put on clear adhesive and excess adhesive trimmed by hand.

Index dot punched out and placed on under side of yaw string base for
storage.

I ought'a raise the price (g).

Sorry, no website - - I'm a computer dummy. You'll just have to email me
privately if you want more info.

all the best,

--
bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

"ContestID67" wrote in message
ups.com...
John Morgan,

I'd be interested in this device but, even for a measly $5 each, want
to see what it actually is first. I guess my rule of thumb is that
anything on an airplane must cost $100 each or it can't be real. ;-)

How about pictures and the PDF of the instructions on a web site
somewhere? Pretty easy to get a free web site at http://yahoo.com.

- John