Old July 26th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Default Quiet Vent

Bumper-
Is this a vent quieter for the side window ?--
Posts suggest that to be the case. If so, I will mail you an order for one.
Hartley Falbaum
"KF" USA

"bumper" wrote in message
Ed,

The Quiet Vent kit is relatively new and has not been marketed
commercially. It's only been mentioned on this newsgroup and on the Stemme
and ASH26E groups. I've also sold a few of the first version of QV at
Minden where I'm based. That said, there are enough of the first QV
version in use that you may get a testimonial in response - - maybe.
Please note that the first version was not robust in use and could fail at
sub-zero temperatures. The seal, if not installed exactly right, could
vibrate like the reed in an obo! I'm replacing these at no charge.

The QV is completely clear when installed, so good pictures may be
difficult. If you email me privately, I'll send you a picture that has the
QV colored with a felt tip marker so it shows up well - - I did this for
the instruction sheet.

'Course you could always take a chance and order one, only $5 - -
cheerfully refunded if you're not satisfied.
--
bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

"flying_monkey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody got a picture of this device? Any testimonials on how well it
works?

Thanks,
Ed