Old December 4th 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Cobra Trailer

Guy Acheson wrote:
Time for new struts.
Your trailer lid, the strut that keeps your canopy
open, the struts that keep your car's trunk lid open;
they are all toast at the 3-5 year mark.

The struts in my Cobra are 12 years old and just as strong as when I got
it; the ones in my mini-van generally go 8-10 years. I think the metal
pieces around Bob's struts need cleaning and grease, as bumper
mentioned. My trailer needs it every 5 years or so, or it gets a bit
balky regardless of the temperature.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org