Old June 9th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Any Known East Coast USA GPS Problems?

Robert, thanks. That's about the time frame most of us near
Philadelphia saw the problems, too. However, I saw it last Tuesday, as
well.

Jim, that's the site I cited and is how I know Pawtuxet River was
doing GPS interference. I cited it because while I thought Pawtuxet
was too far from me for concern, I didn't know if it really could
interfere with my signal reception. They cite a 35 nm radius around
Pawtuxet. Not sure I agree with you that it's useful, since it caused
me and others problems on a good soaring day...

-John

On Jun 9, 12:06 pm, wrote:
John
I had similar problems while flying in The Pacific Northwest. There is
a number of distinct spikes in the trace because of lost GPS signal
from the satellite. It happened couple of weeks ago.

Robert, OR

On Jun 9, 1:04 pm, JS wrote:
Click on GPS Testing Notices. It opens a pdf file.
Pawtuxet is one of several sites doing this useful service. As are
China Lake, Fallon, Nellis, White Sands...
Jim