Old June 9th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Any Known East Coast USA GPS Problems?

On Jun 9, 6:01 pm, jcarlyle wrote:
Jim,

..... Not sure I agree with you that it's useful, since it caused
me and others problems on a good soaring day...
-John

Last year's jamming out of China Lake didn't seem to be hurting
people near Minden, while I had dead spots further South. Mountains
can get in the way. The Appalachians would only have done that in past
eons.
It's interesting to view the jammed log in SeeYou or similar
afterwards. The glider goes up and down like a helicopter in one
place, then shoots to the position at the end of the jam at Mach.
Pressure altitude is always recorded, but it's unfortunate if your
turn point is rounded during a useful blackout test. Get out the old
cameras!
Apologies: There will always be an exception, but my praise for
authorities is best taken as sarcasm!
Jim