Old June 11th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
user

Default Any Known East Coast USA GPS Problems?

They spoof at P40/Site R from time to time.

"jcarlyle" wrote in message
Back in Jan 2008 there was a thread about GPS interference testing,
specifically near China Lake. The last several weeks I've experienced
(near Philadelphia) a lot of "GPS Wait" messages from my Cambridge Gps-
Nav. At least 3 other pilots at Philadelphia Glider Council have also
reported having problems with their GPS systems.

In my case I redesigned my instrument panel from last year, so my GPS
antenna is in a slightly different position than it has been the last
2 years. Still, it's right up top, has a clear view of the sky, and
isn't next to metal. It's not clear what might be happening with my 3
fellow pilots - could be we're talking about different GPS issues.

Has anyone else on RAS seem a GPS availability problem in the last 3
weeks or so in the Eastern USA? I see from the link
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/gps/gpsno...terference.pdf that
there is ongoing interference testing near Pawtuxet River, MD, but as
this is 150 miles away from where I fly, I don't think this would be
the cause. Any ideas?

-John