Old June 26th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Ash

Default 2 recent incidents

Jim Logajan wrote:
Some silly ideas:

Since the aircraft are attached anyway, one could just wrap the tow cable
with a couple strands of wire and rig things so the tow pilot can press a
button to zap the glider pilot, alerting them to check the spoilers.

An aft facing bull horn on the tow plane rigged so the tow pilot can speak
directly to the glider pilot sans radio ... and everyone else within a half
mile. :-)

How about setting up the equivalent of two tin cans and a string, with the
tow rope as the string? Of course it will only work when it's taut, but if
your spoilers are open then I imagine the rope would be pretty taut....

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth