Old August 8th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Clarke sandblaster gun - moisture?

Michael Horowitz wrote:
I came upon a Clarke sandblaster gun, filled it with abrasive, ran the
pressure up to 100 PSI and tried it out. this is a syphon type blaster
that looks a bit like a paint sprayer.

I know when spraying paint folks advise you to have something in the
line to dry the air. Is a dryer necessary if I'm spraying abrasive?

Has anyone had results they were please with using a sandblaster gun?
- Mike

From my past experiences in NE Ohio and Western PA, in the summer, with
both siphon guns and pressure systems for abrasive blasting, you need
good moisture traps and perfectly dry air. They will plug with damp
abrasive. I have owned various models of both types of systems and
currently use a pressurized tank blaster.