Old August 8th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Clarke sandblaster gun - moisture?

wrote in message
Plumbing your shop or hangar for compressed air is money well spent.
Use iron pipe, the size selected according to the run & volume. This
should be defined by your local building codes.

All runs should slope TOWARD the compressor. That is,any water would
have to run UPHILL to find an outlet.

Yep, agree, completely. In my case, I need to be portable, so my iron pipe
cool-down trap is a good compromise.

Another point worth mentioning. If your shop air plumbing is overhead, and
it drops down to an outlet, don't use an elbow to turn out the line. It
will funnel any water condensed in the down-line, right into your air hose.
Instead use a T with a length of pipe below the outlet fitting, or even
better, make the air line do a U-turn, then come back up to the outlet, with
a drain at the low point.
--
Jim in NC