Old October 23rd 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

Default Grob 103 Twin II Brake Master Cylinder

On Oct 23, 7:15*am, P Ilatus wrote:
There's a thread about this he

http://www.aviationbanter.com/archiv...p/t-22487.html

some old G103 maintenance manual on the webhttp://tinyurl.com/G103MM
doesn't mention anything about changing brake fluid every two years as is
common in most cars, however the DG505 needs it done every 4 years.http://tinyurl.com/5zy2wj

At 13:00 23 October 2008, Jim Beckman wrote:

This thread started with the necessity of replacing the brake master
cylinder, right? *Did anyone mention why it needed replacement? *My

first
guess is wear or corrosion in the cylinder bore causing it to leak
pressure. *If this is the case, there are places that will bore the
cylinder and sleeve it with either stainless steel or brass. *It's done
all the time for old cars.

On the other hand, I don't know anything about the legality of doing

that
for an aircraft brake system. *And on the Gripping Hand, I would

probably
do it that way myself.

Jim Beckman- Hide quoted text -

I wouldn't let it go that long myself. I change the brake fluids (all
fluids really) in my bike every year. It's the water accumulated in
the automotive brake fluid that causes the corrosion that kills the
cylinders.