Old May 16th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Drive Small VGA screen from PDA

wrote:

Here is the Dell pin out map. Look at the bottom of the page.
http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.c...ximX50Hardware
Actuall the Craggy Aero Design focused on performance and value to the
customer. It has 1" larger on the diagonal screen, 3 to 4 times the
processor speed, 4 times more resolution 640X480 , State of the art
Software SeeYou Mobile or WinPilot and a very erogonomic hand held
ball track mouse. No messy boards on the back and $300 less than a
Clear Nav.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

hmmm ... ok, so looking at the mix of off the shelf components, how
come it is only 300 less ... shouldn't it be half the cost of a
ClearNav? Or is the difference reflective of a higher mark-up?

It sounds like you are confusing production cost (labor and component
cost) with selling price, which is usually set by market considerations,
not per unit cost. I doubt anyone selects their next soaring instrument
based size of the markup!

The price it "should" be is up to the seller. Why not ask NK if their
price "shouldn't" be twice the cost of the Ultimate?

Personally, I'm hoping Richard has a huge markup on the Ultimate,
because that will encourage others to enter the market with better or
cheaper units.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* Sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org