Old January 12th 15, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default Flarm Prices?

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 9:37:33 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Richard, I live in a country where almost everything is imported. The
habits of importers and agents are no news to us. Saying Flarm price
their product in USD is simply a red herring. They can change their
prices and policies whenever they like. If the USD had moved in the
opposite direction you would already have the new price list... "Sorry
to announce... economic pressures..." etc.

When in a hole, Richard, stop digging. Admit their behaviour is
miserly, apologise, and move on.

GC

On 12/01/2015 14:07, Richard wrote:
On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 6:38:22 PM UTC-8,
wrote:
That's easily fixed. Sell it in Euro.

Even if they don't do that, the wages of the people who Flarm
sales support (70% of costs?) are going down in USD so the prices
should drop.

I guess Richard would be happy to pay last year's price for his gas
too.

GC

On 12/01/2015 13:13, Richard wrote:
On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 3:00:04 PM UTC-8, N2 wrote:
Dooes anyone know if Flarm prices in the US will be going down
with the US$going up vs the Euro?

Al

Flarm is sold to the US Dealers in USD $ not EURO so I doubt it.

Richard www.craggyaero.com

I did not say I was happy about the pricing in US $. I would rather
pay in EUROS but Flarm does not do that. Their pricing to US dealers
is set in US $.

Richard

I also live in a country where most of the excellent soaring products are imported.

So why are you not talking to Flarm? The company in control of the pricing.

Actually I am in a thermal and climbing.

Richard