Old August 9th 03, 03:11 AM
Wayne

Yeah, with a 1200 hours TBO, it wouldn't be a hard decision. As for the
prop, the way I figure, you could have a climb prop, or a cruise prop,
normally even the cruise prop would have to have enough climb in it to get
up and climb as needed at gross so a CS prop should get a fair amount of
cruise increase. Hope I get to fly a standard one and see the difference
sometime in the future.

Like I said, that was probably a brain fart. So many 175s have had
the 180/CS conversion that I probably mixed up the two.

The POH says it was a GO-300-D and rated 175HP@3200 I wonder if the 30
extra HP came from the increase in RPM alone or was there more to it. I have
heard that many people would not rev it that high though, thinking that it
would come apart although the prop RPM is the real reason for the lower
redline rather than a limitation of the bottom end itself. Or so I have
heard.

Isn't the O-200 the same as the O-300 with two less cylinders? and yet
it is rated at 100HP. Seems like the O-300 should be 150 HP. Someone please
catch me up on this.....

Wayne

It's the geared version of the 145 hp Continental O-300 used in the
regular 172. O-300 redline was 2700 rpm. 147mph ??? I'd say that's
pretty optimistic for the 175 unless it's going downhill :-)

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)