Old August 29th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

Default Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

"Ramsey" @##@.^net wrote in message
news

"Mike" wrote in message
"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article Y4Htk.1161$Ro1.744@trnddc04, "Mike"
wrote:

Nobody wants to give up their "right" to
drive with a cell phone, ignore speed limits, run stop lights, etc.
even
though such activity puts other people at risk.

"drive with a cell phone" .... ohmygawd. Hey, what about drive with
one of those GPS thingies, or changing CDs or scanning thru XM radio
or....?
Maybe we should require a sterile car so that nothing, absolutely
nothing
can distract the driver.

(yep - this crusade about talking on a cellphone is a hot button for
me).

Crusade all you want. Argue from silly extremes all you want. Talking
on the phone while driving increases risk of having a serious accident by
4-5 times. But you prove my point beautifully. People don't really give
a rat's arse about being safer if it inconvieniences them, even if the
inconvienience is slight.

Got any data to support that?

Yes.

Your google broke?