Old January 1st 13, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn

Default The new Electric Cessna 172

On 12/31/2012 6:50 PM, wrote:
in the expectation that huge improvements are just around
the corner is that the technology has been around a LONG time and is
not "emerging"; the huge improvements happened long ago and all that
can be expected now is minor improvements.

In a word, bull****.

There have been drastic improvements in lithium - ion battery technology
in recent years. That's why they have largely supplanted NIMH batteries
for new EV designs.

Will there be continuing significant improvement in coming years? I
imagine that my crystal ball is no better than yours, but my choice
would be to not put money against it.