Old July 17th 03, 01:54 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Bob Fry wrote:
A friend and I are planning on flying our Ercoupes from California to
Oshkosh. First long trip for both of us.

Based on just about everyone's advice, we want to leave each day as
early as possible (takeoff around 6:00 am), fly until noon or so, and
then park for the rest of the day. This schedule means we have to be
leaving whatever motel we end up in around 5:00 am. So we were
wondering, is anybody up that early in the smaller towns to give a
lift to the airport?? How do you dawn patrol types get to the airport
early?

I pick our O/N and fuel stops based partially on access to
transportation. If the airport has a crew car and will let you
take it overnight, there's your answer. If they don't, or as
backup, call the motel and ask what they can do for you.

Never thought of Jim Weir's suggestion before. In one of the
airports we visit, though, one calls the police for fuel. So
one could (in theory) get a ride and get fuel at the same time.

Cheers,
Sydney