Old October 19th 10, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
dhaluza

Default OLC 2011

On Oct 18, 9:38*pm, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Oct 18, 5:00*pm, dhaluza wrote:

Been asleep for the last week, Doug?

There are two threads on this already.

Mike

I guess I missed it. Hard to keep track of everything with the signal
to noise ratio here ;-)

I saw the article on the changes in Aerokurier, but my German is not
that good. I asked for an English summary before the season started,
but I didn't get one. So I had to claim a few flights on my own to
some first hand experience.

Unfortunately, the OLC team does not consult with us before making the
rule changes, so we are always behind the curve.

For the remote site problem, keep in mind that you can claim through
the OLC PDA interface on many mobile devices. If you have a SD logger,
and a mico SD card in an SD adapter, you can just take the micro SD
card from your logger to your phone to make a claim as long as you
have cell coverage, a web browser, and a data plan.

As far as the remote tow problem, I'm not sure how that rule came
about, and if we can get it suspended before the OLC League season
starts. I'll push for that.

Doug