Old September 1st 18, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Flying with Parachutes

On 8/31/2018 7:35 PM, wrote:
with all of the performance limitations imposed by fear, manage square parachutes after half a day of training.

That's a big deal.Â* I only made seven jumps (IAD) and I was scared
****less on the ride up every time, but I found that once I had both
feet out the door, the fear was gone and I had no trouble at all with
clearing minor malfunctions and flying a landing pattern just like in a
glider (which the square parachute is).Â* I found that I was pretty much
a passenger under a round canopy, but a pilot under a square.
--
Dan, 5J