Old September 7th 05, 07:22 PM
Maule Driver

Doof wrote:
"Maule Driver" wrote in message
..and you don't have a clue.

I know history, and I know the context in which it happened.

You demonstrate a pertinent lack of both.

You just shoot your mouth off with what you've been fed.

Quite simply, you're the one whose clueless and ignorant to boot.

Bet $100 ou never read the personal letters of the Founders.

I'll take you at your word anonymous, $100.
I'm not sure what might be considered the personal letters of the
founders other than what is commonly called the "Federalist Papers", a
collection of writings published in support and defense of the idea of a
US constitution. Madison, Hamilton and John Jay I believe. I was first
exposed in high school but read them almost in their entirety about 3
years ago when I ran across them in my Mom's bookcase.

Is that a winner?

Bet another $10 you've never followed history other than school or TV.

I do read.
My current reading includes
"The Command of the Ocean, A Naval History of Britain 1649 - 1815"
N.A.M. Rodger - since reading as much aviation history as I could find,
I started on maritime stuff.
Several readings I would call 'historical analysis of philosophy and
society' by Michel Faucault. "Discipline & Punish, The Birth of the
Prison" and "History of Sexuality (sic)" - both more pertinent to this
dialog than one would ever imagine.
"...Concerning the Two New Sciences" Galileo Galilei just for kicks

Can I get $10 for those?

Contact me directly for an address to send payment. I'll post the
receipt. Thanks and
please forgive me for biting...

... and you know what to replace the MD with