Old February 4th 21, 08:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Tales Of The Bloody Triangle

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:59:35 PM UTC-8, Mads wrote:
torsdag den 4. februar 2021 kl. 04.33.44 UTC+1 skrev :
Well, the triangle is the strongest geometric shape so it should be tough!

My contribution to the triangle story :-).
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7737834

Best regards Mads

While I agree a declared FAI triangle is the most challenging, the long out and return also deserves special recognition. For a given distance, the O&R requires you to fly the furthest from your final destination possible. Also a 1000km O&R will normally take you to different weather.
It feels insane to be 300 miles from home and still fly in the opposite direction...

Ramy